събота, 28 март 2009 г.

Jason Wu didn’t know Michelle Obama was planning to pick one of his creations for her Inauguration Day ball gown

The 26-year-old designer - who created the iconic white, one-shouldered gown Michelle wore to celebrate her husband Barack Obama becoming US President – only found out when he saw the ceremony on TV.

Jason said: "I was approached about designing clothes for her so I set to work and then delivered them to the offices myself. But I had no idea she was going to wear any of them. She looked fantastic and I love how it got people talking about fashion - without conversation we don't have fashion."

In March, Michelle appeared on the front cover of US Vogue wearing a magenta silk dress also designed by Jason, but he admits he is yet to be introduced to her.

He told Vogue.com: "I'd love to meet her - but it hasn't happened yet. She's an incredible woman and it is amazing that she's the first First Lady to have supported new designers the way she does.”

Having gained a wealth of publicity for the inauguration gown, Jason says he is determined not to become a one hit wonder.

He explained: "I want to design clothes that real, sophisticated, confident women can wear now, but that will still be beautiful in years to come. Everything these days is so disposable - not just fashion, everything - I want my designs to last.”

Няма коментари: